Railroad Short Name: CP
Built by the American Locomotive Company (Alco) the low-hood S-2 was introduced in 1940 to replace Alco’s earlier high-hood switchers. The 1000 horsepower S-2 was a turbocharged version of the S-1. There were 1,502 S-2s sold to North American Railroads. The versatility of the S-2s was evidenced by their service on mainline, shortline and industrial railroads.
- Scaled from actual prototype measurements
- Option for horizontal or vertical radiator shutters
- Fine scale handrails
- Separately-applied coupler cut levers, air hoses, piping, etc.
- Directional LED lighting (includes cab rear headlight)
- Die-cast hood & chassis for improved pulling performance
- Digital-ready chassis
- Dual-flywheels for maximum performance at all speeds
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Exceptional painting and printing