Railroad Short Name: WP
Known as a highly efficient replacement for the 2-6-0 Mogul- it could move trains twice as heavy at a fraction of the cost – the 2-8-0 Consolidation was a mainstay on railroads all over the world.
Although only a handful of railroads bought Consolidations when Baldwin first introduced them, substantial credence was given to the design when the Pennsy made it their staple freight hauler in 1875. Over 33,000 2-8-0 locomotives were built in the US. 12,000 of them were exported. That left 21,000 of these classic steamers to do their work Stateside.
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Synchronized Puffing Smoke with each Chuff
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and Timing
- Locomotive Composition: Die Cast Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Tender Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 83 and 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater