The listing is for pre-order reservations. We will contact you once the cars arrive in the store for payment. Our price for the cars is $46 per car.
Railroad Short Name: UNPX
This custom run is based on the Rapido Procor 5820 Plastics Hopper car painted for Procor and is all blue. Research found only one car painted blue and this is that car.
Plastic pellets are an often overlooked, but highly important commodity in the manufacturing world. Almost everything you see that’s made of plastic was once carried by covered hopper car in pellet form.
Rapido is proud to present the Procor 5820 Covered Hopper car. This hopper was built in batches from the late 70s all the way up through the early 90s. Around 1700 examples were built for Procor and Dow Chemical, which were the primary and largest owners. Essex Hybrid would later receive a handful of cars for seed service. Many of these were ex-Procor hoppers patched out.
The Rapido Procor 5820 Covered Hopper car was designed from blueprints, photos and field measurements. Multiple roof hatches, outlet gates and two styles of trucks cap off this workhorse car. For any layout that needs a fleet of pellet hoppers, the Procor 5820 is a car you won’t want to miss!
- Three styles of roof hatches: round, round with ribs and 20” vented cover
- Two styles of outlet gates: pneumatic and Miner
- Etched roof walks and end walkways
- Separate grab irons installed at the factory
- Spare hatches and different outlet gates included in polybag to let modeler modify for era
- Full end cage details
- Two styles of trucks: Barber S-2 and Dofasco (Barber S-2 on first run ONLY)
- Accurate paint and lettering
- Multiple road numbers available for each scheme
- Available in singles or multi-packs