As lightweight cars replaced them, and the number of passenger trains was reduced, many older heavyweight cars were rebuilt and reassigned to work train service for use as living quarters at job sites.
These models are typical of these conversions that served from the 1950s to the 1990s on some roads. Each features authentic Maintenance-of-Way paint and lettering.
- Factory-Installed Grab Irons
- Perfect Additions to Work Train Consists
- Factory-Installed Side Door Handrails
- Realistic MOW Schemes
- Interior Details
- Proto MAX(TM) Metal Knuckle Couplers
- Add Lighting with Walthers Interior Lighting Kits #933-1087 (DC Version) or 933-1088 (DCC Version), Sold Separately
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24″ radius is recommended for operation.