- C424 Phase 2 model
- Models include redesigned “AAR” style truck sideframes with separate brake cylinders and separate bearing cap detail (included when appropriate per the prototype).
- Directional lighting w/ golden-white LEDs
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Analog version features NMRA 8 pin plug for DCC
- Separately-applied wire grab irons, ladders, and drop steps
- Separately-applied marker lenses
- Improved painting and printing w/painted handrails
- Two painted crew members
Sound Features for Gold Series:
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of six DCC function outputs are available
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.