Railroad Short Name: BRC
Introduced in 1949, the Electro-Motive 1500hp GP-7 combined the machinery of the F7 with a hood-type carbody that offered high visibility and easy engine access. The GP-7 was used in pulling every conceivable type of train and was sometimes substituted for part of a set of cab units.
- NEW Die-cast tooling for frame/sill
- Optional 800 gallon or 1,600 gallon fuel tank
- Fine scale handrails and stanchions
- Golden-white LEDs
- Painted hand rails
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Directional lighting
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Separately-applied wire grab irons
- MU hoses and coupler cut bars
- Two painted crew members
- NMRA 8 pin plug for DCC
DCC Operation Features:
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of six DCC function outputs are available
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
Sound Functionality Features:
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are providedfor true realism.