Railroad Short Name: ATSF, SF
Atlas O’s 50′ PS-1 Box Car represents a classic American freight car from the 1950s and 1960s, when fifty-foot box cars became the standard. Many railroads of the period operated Pullman Standard’s box cars, but details were often specific to each company. One of details that differed was the supplier of the doors (Youngstown or Pullman Standard styles).
- Highly detailed ABS body
- 50-ton Bettendorf or 70-ton roller-bearing sprung die-cast trucks as per the prototype (70-ton roller-bearing trucks come with rotating bearing caps)
- Youngstown or Pullman Standard style doors as per the prototype
- Separately-applied grab irons, ladders and brake line details
- Minimum diameter curve: O-36 (3-rail)
- Minimum radius curve: 36″ (2-rail)
- Die-cast articulated couplers (3-rail)
- Kadee®-compatible scale couplers (2-rail) Please note: Atlas “O” scale couplers can also be used on both 2-rail and 3-rail versions.