Railroad Short Name: ATSF, SF
Pullman Standard’s 4750 cubic foot covered hopper was one of the most successful freight car designs in that company’s history. Over 54,000 of these cars were produced during the latter part of the 1970s and early 1980s. It was the premier grain hauler of the era and is still in use.
Found throughout the country on virtually all of the class 1 rail lines, it is also one of the most leased cars through the Transport Leasing Division of Pullman. The cars were painted a virtual rainbow of colors.
- Accurate and colorful painting and lettering
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Separately-applied roof walk, brake wheel and other details
- Unique body design with “step-curve” roof
- Die-cast 100 ton roller bearing trucks with rotating bearing caps
- Die-cast articulated couplers (3-rail)
- Weighted to NMRA standards
- 2-rail cars feature scale 36” wheel sets and new-design Kadee-compatible scale couplers
- 3-rail trucks are pre-drilled for the patented Atlas O Adjust-A-Coupler system which allows you to easily add truck-mounted scale couplers
- Minimum diameter curve: O-36 (3-rail)
- Minimum radius curve: 36” (2-rail)
- Length over couplers: 15”
- Height: 3.60”