Railroad Short Name: METLK
- All locomotives are equipped with body mounted KATO magnetic knuckle couplers.
- Locomotives feature directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated preprinted number boards.
- Locomotives are equipped with shock absorber construction for smooth and prototypical motion on the track.
- Locomotives have a powerful five pole motor with all wheel electrical pickup and blackened wheels.
- Additional alternate snow plow piece included for tight radius operation.
- New Commuter-version F40PH locomotives and Amtrak Phase III ditch light versions have retooled bodies with over-cab A/C units and illuminated ditch lights.
- Chicago Metra version F40PH locomotives have directional head and tail lights on the front of the locomotive for push-pull operation.
- Drop in DCC compatible with the Train Control Systems K0D8-C (Amtrak) and Train Control Systems K5D7 (Metra).