Railroad Short Name: AMTK
- Type I Car body details represent the prototypical appearance of these units “as built” – No front porch railings, Steam Generators, Nose headlights, and forward mounted 4-Chime air horns.
- Type IV Car body details represent the prototypical appearance of these units in later freight service – Front porch railings, notched nose, Nose/Cab headlights as appropriate, additional roof antennas, Cab A/C units as appropriate, and rear mounted 3-Chime air horns.
- Amtrak Phase I and Phase II paint locos are a perfect match for the Amtrak El Capitan 10-Car Set, Amtrak Southwest Limited 8-Car Set or Phase I Amfleet I Cars.
- Freight Versions can be operated with Kato’s intermodal equipment, with the BNSF Maersk unit being a perfect companion for the Maersk MAXI-I.
- All locomotives will be equipped with body mounted KATO magnetic knuckle couplers
- Locomotives feature directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated preprinted numberboards
- Locomotives have a powerful five pole motor with all wheel electrical pickup and blackened wheels
- Locomotives are DCC friendly